Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thank you, Mark Steyn

In my last post I attacked something that Mark Steyn said in (on? at?) The Corner, to which TdotTim commented:
"I think Mark Steyn, by opposing any change to our currently perfect system, is essentially saying..."
And I think Mark Steyn hardly needs an obscure blogger to tell anyone what he is essentially saying...we just read his actual words. But as blatant and shameless an attempt at being linked as his "reader of the day" as I've yet seen...and for that (and for at least having good taste in football teams), I congratulate you.
Now, as TdotTim correctly points out, I am indeed an obscure blogger. So obscure, in fact, that I had no idea who Mark Steyn was when I read what he said on a prominent conservative website. I simply read something I didn't like and talked about it. I still don't know (or care about) Mark Steyn's importance in this universe, but I do know that he selected me as his "reader of the day" today on his website and posted nothing more than my unflattering description of him and a link to my post:

For that and for the simple fact that Mark Steyn did not stoop to respond to my vicious attacks in an equally base tone, I admire and applaud him.

@TdotTim: Above all, I am honored that a fellow Cowboys fan visited my site. You are always welcome here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark Steyn is the author of America Alone, a thoughtful, though humorous, best seller that came close to being effectively banned by certain public officials in Canada.

If we seem unwilling to go on entrusting more and more to the tender mercies of public officials, this is due not merely to "ideology," but to fresh and painful experience. Speaking by way of analogy to the controversy over medicine, we will go on taking our chances with publishers, thank you, rather than give men in public offices more control over what we and others may read.

Post a Comment